Routes is a free service in Brighton and Hove, Worthing, Littlehampton and Bognor Regis which supports people who are unemployed to get into work.
What makes Routes different from other employment support services is that we are free, we offer financial help, and we offer fantastic work placements.
Who we are
We are a friendly and approachable team who help people to make positive changes to overcome the barriers that stop them from working. We are led by Community Works, a charity that supports local people and organisations to build stronger and fairer local areas for everyone.
“All the support I have received has been amazing for my confidence and mental health, and has enabled me to apply for a job and approach an interview without nerves”
Everyone’s journey into employment is different and you will receive personalised support to help you set your own goals. We have goals too, which are to support people who join Routes to:
- Start education or training
- Actively search for a job
- Start employment
How we achieve these goals
Routes aims to achieve these goals by working hard to:
- Focus on people’s individual needs by building long-term relationships to nurture the people we work with every step of the way.
- Tackle the challenges facing unemployed people, such as health concerns, social issues, geographical limitation and financial hardship.
- Build on the community activity that already exists in our local area to bring greater benefits to people who join Routes.