Hangleton and Knoll
At The Hangleton and Knoll Project, you can access learning opportunities and employability focused information and advice to help you get into work.
If you live in Brighton and Hove and are currently unemployed, we are here to support you in a number of ways towards getting a job.
Your journey with The Hangleton and Knoll Project
Take a look at a typical Routes journey to see how we support you. If you choose to access support with us, you’ll be assigned a Routes adviser who will be your main point of contact throughout your time with Routes and be available to help you every step of the way.
- Support is 1-2-1, tailored just for you
- We start with a conversation and end up with a personal plan, designed to develop your skills and increase your chance of finding the right job for you
- There are budgets and resources to help with achieving your training, learning and job goals - whether you need to improve your computer skills, write a CV or work on your confidence
- We can also provide financial support for the important day-to-day practical stuff, like travel and childcare
Your adviser will work with you to explore new opportunities and options you can do to increase your work readiness. These might include:
- Learning opportunities, such as literacy and IT skills
- Study options leading to Intermediate and Advanced levels of qualification
- Access to volunteering, and training across the city
- Helping you address barriers that are holding you back such as financial issues or housing
Previous participants at The Hangleton and Knoll Project have now started working as a:
- Dog behaviour trainer
- Forklift driver
- Self-employed worker
- Childcare worker